PLAYING RARE 1960's Stereo and Mono BEATLE MIXES FROM AROUND THE GLOBE
The Beatles MONO mixes are very special, sometimes very different, but they're argueably definitive.
- We Can Work It Out - Stereo / Alternate version from Australia with different mix of the organ parts
- I'M ONLY SLEEPING - Mono-French EP / The body of the guitar solo heard on the French EP differs from all other pressing.
- I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU - There are two false starts to this song, from the US Rubber Soul album
- ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - This mix is presented as an alternate Brazilian mix coming from a rare Brazilian single
- ALL MY LOVING - This mix (available in mono & stereo) features a 5-tap hi-hat intro and an intake of breath. It was issued in Germany and Holland.
- AND I LOVE HER - This alternate mix was issued on the german release of "Something New" (Odeon SMO 830 756)
- THE BALLAD OF JOHN AND YOKO - a rare Australian mono mix.
- I FEEL FINE - extended begining - Released on Odeon (German) SMO 83 991 Beatles Greatest 1965
When the Paul McCartney's RAM album was released in stereo on May, 1971, the mono LP was pressed primarily for promotional purposes for airplay on AM radio stations. Given its limited distribution and the fact that almost every song is mixed differently in mono than stereo has made it very desirable for collectors ....