Friday, April 26, 2019

'NEVER SAY DIE"


This is my fourth blog for magicalbeatlesmuseum.com
Never Say Die’ digression. I was on tour in the USA with my brother Pete Best. The tour took the Pete Best Band to Louisville Kentucky where if my memory serves me correctly, I think we were playing the Abbey Road on the River Festival. Either way the family who bred and owned ‘Never Say Die’ were in the audience.
They sent word backstage they would like to meet Pete and myself. We were really surprised, but because of our family history with that particular horse we welcomed them. The family invited us out to the farm the next day to see where ‘Never Say Die’ had been born. This was also being topped off with lunch at the Jockey Club. How could we resist. We couldn’t. Mo would have loved this.

The Rest of the story is at: